(Valid from: 19 November 2020)
EPIC takes data protection issues seriously.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on this website and in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this website.
DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- Pages of our Website and/or e-mail communications may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that allow us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics.
THIRD PARTY TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
This Website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc.
- Google Analytics uses “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and make it possible to analyse your use of the Website. The information generated by the cookie regarding your use of this Website is normally transferred to one of Google’s servers in the USA and stored there. Note that the local authorities may access these data. However, if IP anonymization is activated on this Website, your IP address will be abbreviated beforehand. We thus collect and store data anonymously, from which we create pseudonymous user profiles. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to one of Google’s servers in the USA and abbreviated there. Google will utilise this information on behalf of the operator of this Website to analyse the use of this Website, compile reports on Website activity and to provide its operator with additional services related to the use of the Website and of the Internet. The IP address transmitted by your browser in connection with Google Analytics will not be combined with other Google data. You can find additional information about data protection at Google here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners. You can prevent the storage of cookies by configuring your browser software appropriately; however, please note that, if you do this, you may not be able to use all of this Website’s features to the fullest extent.
- You can also prevent the data generated by the cookie regarding your use of the Website (including your IP address) from being recorded and transferred to Google and from being processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin via the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
USE OF SOCIAL PLUGINS
- On the Website, we use “social plugins”, e.g. from Facebook, Instagram, Google etc., which bear the logo of the respective provider.
- If you call up a page on our Website that contains one of these social plugins, a direct connection to the provider’s computer will be set up via your computer’s browser. The plugin’s content is transferred by the provider directly to your computer and integrated into the web page by your browser. The provider thereby receives notification that you have called up the relevant EPIC Website. If you are simultaneously logged on to the respective provider, this provider may also add your visit to your profile. If you interact with the plugins by, e.g., pressing on a Like button or posting a comment, the corresponding information is sent by your browser directly to the provider and stored there. If that process is prevented, you have to log off the provider of the social plugin before visiting our Website. However, this does not rule out the possibility that the providers of a social plugin will collect data anonymously and set a cookie on your computer as soon as you log in via that plugin. The data collected in this manner may subsequently be added to your profile as soon as you log on to the provider. If you want to prevent this, you can activate the option “Block cookies from third-party providers” in your browser settings. In case of integrated content, your browser will then not send any cookies to the server. However, if you select this setting, other features of our Website may no longer function.
Your payment data are protected in the course of transmission to our servers by using SSL security procedures (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with 256-bit encryption. You can check the security of the connection using the information in your browser’s URL display. If the start of the address line changes from “http” to “https”, the connection is secure.
RIGHT TO INFORMATION, CORRECTION, BLOCKING OR DELETION, ECT.
- To the extent required by law, you have the right to obtain information free of charge regarding your stored data, and, if applicable, the right to the correction or deletion of this data.
- Should you have any additional questions concerning data protection and the processing of your personal data, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Of course, you may also use the contact details provided in the “Contact Us” section of the Website.
EPIC reserves the right to amend this Privacy and Data Protection Policy from time to time.